June 18, 2018. Nowcerts releases the new REST API
The URL of the API is https://api.nowcerts.com
Here's the help page where our users can see the allowed methods -> https://api.nowcerts.com/Help
If we click on them we can see the parameters of the needed classes like Insured or Policy.
You can get your access token from this url:
You need to provide Username, Password and hardcoded parameters "grant_type=password" and "client_id=ngAuthApp".
*Please keep in mind, the account should be with the specific Agent role "API Integration".
A sample of the Authentication and the other methods can be found in our sample project on github:
Take a look at the pages:
"AuthenticateRestApi.aspx" for Authentication -> https://github.com/NowCerts/
NowCertsTestWebServices/blob/ master/TestNowCertsAPI/ AuthenticateRestApi.aspx
"InsuredsRestApi.aspx" for Import of Insureds -> https://github.com/NowCerts/
NowCertsTestWebServices/blob/ master/TestNowCertsAPI/ InsuredsRestApi.aspx
* For Insureds the only required fields are either CommercialName or FirstName and LastName.
If you fill CommercialName then the Insured will be Commercial otherwise it's Personal.
"PoliciesRestApi.aspx" for Import of Policies -> https://github.com/NowCerts/
NowCertsTestWebServices/blob/ master/TestNowCertsAPI/ PoliciesRestApi.aspx
--- end ---
---- Updates to REST API --- June 22, 2018:
We have a new method in the API where you can import one Insured and many Policies assigned to the Insured.
Take a look at the object we are waiting for -> https://api.nowcerts.com/Help/
The POST method URL is https://api.nowcerts.com/api/
---- Additional explanations for some methods (asked by clients) ----
Zapier methods like these:
are mainly used by Zapier but can be used by other developers for custom integrations, too.
and explanation to client for the method POST api/Zapier/InsertProspect
"Do not be afraid of the route that contains Zapier. It's still a regular API action. It can be used by other applications. And, yes, it is used by Zapier, too.
You don't need to provide the "database_id". Currently our logic works like this:
In order to prevent insert duplicate Prospects we try to find if we have existing Prospect with the following logic:
1. If we have "database_id" we try to find the Prospect by Id
2. If still no Prospect found we try to search it by the "email address" (if given)
3. If still no Prospect found we try to find it by "first name" and "last name" (if given)
4. If still no Prospect found we try to find it by "commercial name"
5. If Prospect found then we overwrite his attributes (address, phone, ...)
6. If no Prospect found then we create it."
- Simple Search by Name, Address, Emails and Phones
- More complex method where you can either filter the list by Name, Address, Emails and Phones or do some paging
Api/GET-api-Customers- GetCustomersList_search-Name_ search-Address_search-Email_ search-Phone_paging- PageNumber_paging-PageSize
The same action but POST -> https://api.nowcerts.com/Help/